Saturday, February 20, 2010

365/50

I can't believe we are fifty days into 2010 already. It's true what they say, time goes by quicker as you get older. I think a lot of it has to do with being very busy as well.

Went to a friend's house. They have two cats. One is evil, and one is nice. Actually, I am of the opinion that pretty much all cats are evil because they all seem to hate me unconditionally. Being around cats is like being around the popular kids in high school. They are cute but they ignore you because you are not as cool as they are.

When I was five I was attacked by our house cat, which I had named Rainbow. In hindsight, I see where he was coming from because if anyone ever named me "Rainbow" I'd probably maul their leg too.

When I was a little older we took in two baby kittens from a litter my aunt's cat had. I raised them till they were pretty big until one day, as if by design, they simultaneously decided to attack my face. I think they secretly planned it. They ran away after that.

Several years ago, I had a brief run-in with a bobcat on a camping trip. Long story short, I punched that S.O.B. in the face. Literally.

Since then, I have had nothing but bad blood with their snooty race.

But this one was not bad. His name is Jonah and he sits very still. I think he knows I'm taking his photo because he strikes a post and DOES NOT MOVE until I click the shutter. He's a vain creature indeed.

If you look into his eyes you can see me taking the photo :)

365/50 ::jonah::

2 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing portrait. It looks like a human portrait! The expression is great, and so is the DoF. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete