Thursday, January 7, 2010

365/7

I had Pei-Wei for lunch today. I will never pay to eat Pei-Wei, for three reasons:

1. Pei-Wei is a poser restaurant. It is not real chinese or japanese or anything asian, in my opinion.
2. Pei-Wei gives me tummy aches. Seriously. My belly makes noises that sound like mating buffalo.
3. I'm pretty sure that's not real beef they're serving. Meat is not supposed to sting when you eat it. Maybe it's buffalo...

But every Thursday at work, they buy us lunch. And it's usually Pei-Wei.

I don't like to complain. So I eat it. I just avoid the "beef".

But...they do have fortune cookies. And today's was particularly nice.

365/7

























I would never say that I'm a musician. But I do like to play music and have been playing for years, piano since I was about 5 and guitar since about 14, and along the way I've picked up little bits of drums and bass and whatnot. So I really liked that little fortune and I'm somewhat attached to this photo.

What I like about it: I had this shot planned exactly how I wanted it from the second I read the fortune. I'm seeing shots now in my head and executing them, instead of blindly shooting and hoping something comes out looking decent.

On another note: my boyfriend thought I should post a before and after of my photo from day five, to show the difference a little Photoshop can make. So here you go.

365-5-bna

1 comment: